Coconut oil pulling is one of the best ways to remove bacteria and promote healthy teeth and gums. Used in ancient Ayurvedic medicine, oil pulling is a popular detoxification process that is simply done by swishing a tablespoon of plant oil in your mouth for 10-20 minutes, then discarding. Bacteria and toxins are naturally drawn to oil, so by performing this procedure when first wake, you can prevent ingesting harmful pathogens that colonize your oral cavity at night. Oil acts as a natural cleanser, lifting stains and grime from the enamel. Here are just some of the benefits:
• Reduces plaque and tarter, preventing tooth decay, gingivitis, and cavities
• Kills bad breath, lifts stains, and whitens teeth
• Reduces bacterium including Streptococcus
• Heals bleeding gums and dry lips
• Soothes throat dryness, clears sinuses, improves allergies, and boosts immune systems
• Improves acne by reducing inflammation, bacteria, and toxins in the face
• Strengthens gums and jaw
Coconut Oil Pulling is a great choice over sesame or olive oil because it:
• Balances Hormones and Blood Sugar, Improving Energy
• Kills Candida
• Improves Digestion
• Moisturizes Skin
• Reduces Inflammation
• Burns Fat
This practice is especially beneficial for people with bridges, braces, or anyone who has difficulty flossing and brushing.
I like to perform oil pulling when I first wake, during a shower. It’s important to discard the oil in the trash, as it can clog drains. Flossing and brushing after help to remove all toxins, and make you mouth feel clean and pure.
For added health benefits and flavor, you can even add essential oils such as clove, cinnamon, tea tree, peppermint, or wild orange.